Wednesday, August 24, 2011

She Escaped!


The last time I talked to my mom, she emphatically told me that she had escaped from prison. And she was dead serious. No more IV tubes attached 24 hours a day. No more beeping oxygen monitors. No more poking and prodding every 15 minutes. And no more hospital food! She is officially home and sleeping in her own bed again. She was given three goals to do at home each day: walk, eat, and rest.

Now the real fun begins. Multiple visits each week to LDS Hospital will continue for the next few years as they monitor her progress after the bone marrow transplant. They also watch for signs of Graft vs. Host Disease. As an incredible added blessing, she is currently showing no signs GVHD. It's a miracle that we are all very grateful for. With all the medicine, IVs, nutrition, exercise, and doctor appointments that my dad manages, I'm pretty sure he will have more nursing experience than my sister will by the time she graduates from nursing school!

Thank you to all those who have been fasting for Julie. It's been wonderful to see the outpouring of selfless and incredibly generous friends and family. Thank you.

More to come soon!

2 comments:

  1. This is great news! Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I am so glad that she is doing well! What a relief.

    ReplyDelete