Saturday, June 4, 2011

Red Satin Sheets

The Primary Presidency and Relief Society Presidency from my mom's ward both came to visit my mom this week. They're such great women! I'm impressed they drove all the way up here just to hang out with my mom. It brightened her day immensely. Sister Robbins, who has been through cancer (twice) herself, had a great gift for my mom: a red satin pillow case. If you notice the band-aid on Julie's elbow...it's because they yucky hospital sheets were rubbing her elbows raw. Eek! My mom was in HEAVEN with the pillow case! That afternoon, I took off to Bed Bath and Beyond and bought the set.

The nurses were THRILLED! They were all excited to help put the sheets on and take her photo. Julie LOVES them! Just the added color to the room makes everything a little more lively. Maybe I bought her a couple pairs of cute pajamas and plush robe too, instead of those awful hospital gowns. Who thought those gowns were a good idea?! I bet whoever designed them, never slept in them, that's for sure.

The next morning, she didn't stop raving about the sheets. It was a good night...which, if anyone has stayed at a hospital knows—is a very good thing.   :)

My Hot Mama
I need one of these robes now. It's amazing.

1 comment:

  1. What a perfect idea! I love how incredibly happy she looks! Thank you for sharing your family's strength during this struggling time. Please know that your Texas family is praying for y'all! Keep up the wonderful efforts in taking care of your mom. We love y'all!

    ReplyDelete